Not My Kid
Community Connections completed a prevention assessment based on the 2016 Lincoln County Nebraska Risk and Protective Factor Student Survey. This is what we learned.
- Alcohol use is higher in Lincoln County than the national level.
- 41% of 12th graders in Lincoln County have used marijuana in their lifetime.
- Prescription drug use remains a problem. 12% of teens across the nation report abusing pills.
- Parents and professionals are asking for more resources to help families address the local substance abuse problem.
What is the Not My Kid campaign?
- A campaign developed to help equip parents with the skills and resources to address early use of substances.
- A campaign designed to assist families with youth that are not involved in the legal system or receiving services from other agencies.
- A campaign identified to serve a population in Lincoln County that is not already receiving services.
- A campaign to reduce substance use by youth.
- A campaign designed for first time users with the intent to provide education and resources to reduce the number of youth who may enter the legal system.
- A campaign providing a resource book and a free drug testing kit.
- A campaign providing other materials available at a local pharmacy, schools and convenient locations.
For more information contact Community Connections:
www.communityconnectionslc.org or 308-696-3358